• 1 Post By Eugene_C

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-20-2018, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1st year service for lowly used car

My GLA 250 dashboard is alerting me for service every time after I start my car. (Now I passed my service appointment by >20 days).

As much as I know the importance of the servicing the car, I also wanted to get your opinion because of few factors of my current GLA:
1. My GLA 250 has just passed 6000 miles after 1 year (purchased on April 28, 2017)
2. Since I travel for business, I don't use my personal car, which is my GLA250 much. And that's the reason for my low mileage as well.

On and off, I should have used my car for just may be more than 8 months roughly.

In this case, should I still schedule my service appointment or should I wait to schedule my service appointment?
If I can wait, is there any way to remove the alert every time when I start the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-21-2018, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum. I drive about 3-4000 miles a year but still go with the scheduled services, as recommended by the GLA maintenance schedule. Among other things, your MB service department will check software and firmware for any program updates, plus your GLA might or might not be impacted by the watch spring recall.

Speaking of which, it will help discussions if you add your location as well as GLA model and year to your member profile (from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers). We have folks all over the planet with a variety of GLA derivatives.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 7 Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM

Car Year & Model: 2015 CLA45 AMG !
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You should do at least an oil change after xxx miles (20 000km) or after 1 year. In your case you reach the 1 year mark first.
Eugene_C and RevItUp like this.

Campagna T-Rex 14R 2011
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

post #4 of 7 Old 05-21-2018, 01:39 PM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
The MB schedule says for USA 10,000 miles or 1 year. For warranty you should follow the schedule as they can say you did not and could have problem with warranty repairs. With 6,000 miles and low use the oil should still be good. There is what's called peace of mind.

Do a search as there are instructions on reset the service reminder. There are also on youtube that has videos on resetting service reminders. Maybe just let the warning come up and it does go off shortly and wait until you get service. When you do have service the tech will reset it for the next 10k service.

2019 GLA250 Black/Black replaced 2016 GLA250 Black/Black
Second car 2007 SLK350 Black/Black

Last edited by gbarringer; 05-21-2018 at 01:41 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-24-2018, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You need to just pay the service if you ever want to make a warranty claim and not be hassled. There may also be silent recalls that they need to apply (things like fuel system computer updates or headlight alignments have been recent ones).

My mileage is similar to yours, I drive a little less than 5k miles per year. I think it was around $300 the first year and around $700 the second year. Mercedes do have an expensive service schedule. People in Germany think this is completely normal. Americans don't like it very much.
RevItUp likes this.

Last edited by Eugene_C; 06-24-2018 at 08:57 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-24-2018, 08:25 PM

Car Year & Model: 2018 Silver GLA 250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
So maybe I did the right thing by letting them talk me into paying $600 up front when I took delivery for 3 years of scheduled maintenance!! But I did do my homework and looked into scheduled maintenance before I got the car and how much it would cost, so I figured this was a better deal and grabbed it.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-25-2018, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disp350 View Post
So maybe I did the right thing by letting them talk me into paying $600 up front when I took delivery for 3 years of scheduled maintenance!! But I did do my homework and looked into scheduled maintenance before I got the car and how much it would cost, so I figured this was a better deal and grabbed it.
$600 up front sounds like a good deal for 3-years. Let us know what exactly they did for your car at 1 year and I'll compare it to mine.

I didn't take the deal because It was a really long agreement and I didn't want to figure out whether it would cover everything I needed or not. Paying for it out of pocket you can pick and choose the maintenance, while paying ahead the dealer gets to choose what they will and won't do. There are other posts in here about people having to argue about whether they could get their tires rotated, things like that. Mercedes does occasionally give out coupons for discount on annual service, as do the dealers.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page