Tire rotation & banlancing ...??? - Page 2 - Mercedes GLA Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 06-24-2018, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My dealer strongly recommended tire rotation and balance at my 2-year (~10,000 mi) service (I don't drive to work so I put fewer miles on the car). They charged me though, it wasn't free. Which, I was ok with since you do need to rotate your tires. I think the whole bill for the tires was around $98.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 08-28-2018, 11:12 AM

Car Year & Model: 2015 MB GLA250 4Matic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
You could have gotten FREE tire rotations (and FREE flat repairs, IF REPAIRABLE. And they dismount the tire and actually PATCH the hole not just plug it.) at America's Tires or its sister locations (Discount Tires). You can walk in (takes longer, so I leave my car there and go home) OR you can call and make an appointment which is way better and shorter.

Some of the other national tire chains MIGHT do the rotations free (just need to call and find out).

Over the years, I have bought many, many, many new tires from America's Tires and very happy with them. Prices are very reasonable and they do price matching to legit stores. Also military discounts.....
post #13 of 15 Old 09-20-2018, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tires

I am buying a cpo used 2015 GLA amg and the fronts are new but rear 50% life left. How am I meant to best rotate in that situation or do I just keep replacing two at a time

post #14 of 15 Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 PM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinezoo View Post
I am buying a cpo used 2015 GLA amg and the fronts are new but rear 50% life left. How am I meant to best rotate in that situation or do I just keep replacing two at a time
You do not state what model you have and where you are located. This help in answering your question. In the upper right corner of the screen click on USER CP and update your profile.

A 250 front wheel drive can wear tires much faster then the rear. Possible that is the reason the front are new and rear is 50%.

2019 GLA250 Black/Black replaced 2016 GLA250 Black/Black
Second car 2007 SLK350 Black/Black

Last edited by turbolink; 09-20-2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Corrected acronym.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-28-2018, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mercedes say's you "can" rotate your tires if they are the same size wheels front and back. They then recommend you rotate them every 3-6,000 miles if the tire manufactures warranty booklet is not available but do not change the tire rotation. (2018 GLA owners manual)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page