Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Transmission Coolant Temp

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Shadofax 
#1 ·
My tranny coolant temp remains below normal limits (in the blue) despite all other fluids being fully warm. This is a new "issue." Thoughts anyone?

P.S.-full service was performed on the transmission <5K miles ago and it has performed flawlessly until now.

#2 ·
If everything mechanically performs normally I would think the temperature sensor and/or its wiring is the issue. Vehicles are rolling computers these days and as such more often the electronics are the root cause.

#7 ·
I had a similar issue (engine temp almost never went up to normal operating temp) and in the end, it threw an engine check light.

After the thermostat & hoses were replaced, everything is now fine.

#8 ·
Can you give a little more of an explanation? What’s the ambient temp out? Are you driving in Sport or Sport+ and getting on the car and it still isn’t coming up to temp?

If you drive in C mode and drive non aggressively, the trans takes a long time to warm up to 120*(temp where blue goes to white). I took off on a highway cruise in like 30 degree weather recently and threw on distronic at about 75mph and the trans was at 118* and still blue after probably 20-30 miles. Getting on it though and driving with some spirit temps get where they should.

#11 ·
I live in Dallas so ambient temp varies 30-40F in any given 24hr period. I usually drive on the toll roads in C mode and never in my almost 4 years of ownership has it ever taken so long to come out of the blue (which it will do eventually.)

Everything is functioning properly otherwise-this is just a new "issue" for my ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.