More than 10 warnings happening together. Can anyone advice? - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down More than 10 warnings happening together. Can anyone advice?

Hello, new here. I have a Gla 200 32,000 Kms.
Several warnings poped up on my dash board such as parking brake, collision assist plus inoperative,
run flat indicator inoperative, engine light on, Abs and esp currently unavailable all together and it appears
like my power steering has gone off too. Can anyone advice or help pls.

I recorded it with my phone, i can upload it on youtube if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum; sorry to hear about the warnings you are getting. Just to clarify, the same warnings recur when you shut down and restart (the MB equivalent of rebooting), is that correct? A question comes to mind if you recently had a battery change or other type of maintenance that would have eliminated all power to your GLA's systems, perhaps needing a dealer reset. Regardless, there are enough warnings there that dealer intervention could be the best approach, which would not only help diagnose what happened, but update software and firmware in the process. Please let us know more as information develops.

We're an international forum having a variety of GLA derivatives among our members. It will help others respond if you add location, GLA model and year references to your member profile, which then will display each time you post. You can do so from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 7 Old 06-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Old worn out batteries play havoc with the sensors. And new cars with all of their parasitic drains can wear a battery out quickly.

Have your battery tested first.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-10-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi all, thanks for the replies cause i'm worried about it. I just had my battery replaced on friday, which is 3 days ago and got all these warnings today. My dealer is going to check my car tomorrow. I'll post for any further information and updates here. However, i've had several issues with my gla since i bought it in nov 16 so far, i will post all these after this issue is solved. Thanks for helping and support.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Problem solved for a huge fee

One of the wheel speed sensors were faulty and had to replaced. This issue caused all these warnings to pop up.
Another advice from you, is the GLA reliable for you? I've had more than 15 breakdowns in 32000 kms and just over 2 years old. I will post all these on here once i get the time.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab678 View Post
One of the wheel speed sensors were faulty and had to replaced. This issue caused all these warnings to pop up.
Very interesting, thanks for reporting back.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #7 of 7 Old 06-11-2019, 10:53 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA45 AMG 24k miles
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab678 View Post
Another advice from you, is the GLA reliable for you? I've had more than 15 breakdowns in 32000 kms and just over 2 years old. I will post all these on here once i get the time.

This site mentions that these vehicles can vary for sure depending on destination, and do not roll down the same assembly lines. My vehicle in the USA says manuf. in Stuttgart on the drivers door. To answer your question, so far my experience has been fine, I did have to have a battery replaced on an AMG 45 for US spec. However since I am not the original owner this could have easily been the result of prior lease owner accidentally draining battery (which always leads to early termination). Cost covered by MB under warranty. Wear items are expensive if you want to keep these vehicles in shape. I've had a sensor up front replaced and an exhaust flap, nothing that was much of an issue, under warranty.

I honestly think, coming from an older vehicle, that newer tech is great, as long as it works. I like lesser tech, I think if I sell this vehicle one day, any new vehicle I will try and keep tech minimal and lease since I know things will go south with all the electronics, you would find these issues with any manuf.

heavily modified 1995 Ford Bronco. SOLD to friend, to move to GLA 45.
Fun car for wife and I, 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe, #492 of 1266 made. 2.0T with 290HP/325 lb/ft.
Wife's DD is a 2019 Volvo XC40 Rtype.

Last edited by Shadofax; 06-11-2019 at 10:59 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page