LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA250 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
"Reversing Not Possible" Warning

I have a warning message "Reversing Not Possible - Service Required" that came up twice within 3 days on my 2018 GLA250 4Matic. My car is less than 30 days old and has about 1000km on it.
I was wondering if this is a normal issue and I shouldn't be worried about it.

The first time I got the message I was driving at 20km/hr in stop and go traffic and I suddenly felt a push (almost like someone hit the car from the back). I could tell no one actually hit the car as there was no sound.
The second time I got the message was when I was driving at 100km/hr, although this time I didn't feel a strong push from the back.

At both times, after getting the error the RPM was revving three times higher than usual and when trying to accelerate from a complete stop it was so bad that people were honking at me as the car was really struggling to move. It gets stuck in the lower gears and simply doesn't go higher while the RPM keeps going higher.

The first time I took the car to service on Monday they simply updated the software and assured me that everything was fixed and I will never see the message.
In the same week on Thursday I got the same error and had the car towed to service. Now they are making up an excuse saying they didn't fix it right the first time. This time they said they will change the pressure regulation valve and will need five days as they want to test drive the car 100km. My car is still with them. Oh, and they don't have a loaner car to give me.

Since my car is only a month old I asked to just exchange the car as I don't feel the car is safe, or reliable and would not perform normally.
The manager said they won't exchange the car as it is now considered a "used car" regardless of how little I drove or being less than a month old.
I don't mind taking the car back, but I am not sure if I can be confident that it will operate perfectly as I may never know.

With the experience I am currently having, Mercedes is definitely not living up to its name. I really don't believe the "Best or nothing" slogan because I don't have the best and I have nothing with me right now.
I had a much cheaper used 2011 Mercedes car which did not give me any performance issues for over 100,000 km.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 22 Monday Error.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	21377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 25 Thursday Error.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	21385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	21393  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum, although I wish it were to show off your new GLA and not have such a significant issue. I think I recall this coming up at least once before on the forum, perhaps on a 2015 model. It's definitely a dealer issue. If you feel you aren't being adequately assisted, then contacting MB USA is your next stop. As for no loaner car, I believe it's MB standard practice, at least for cars still in warranty, to provide a loaner. I had an electrical failure on a previous C-Class, the dealer had no loaner, so I rented a car and then requested the dealer reimburse me, which it did. You might check in advance to be certain they will (or that's another issue for MB USA).

Many of us will wonder where you are located, which you might want to add to your member profile from the User CP button on the upper right of your browser. It's handy to know for future discussions. Good luck and please keep us posted.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 07:41 PM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annayya View Post

With the experience I am currently having, Mercedes is definitely not living up to its name. I really don't believe the "Best or nothing" slogan because I don't have the best and I have nothing with me right now.
I had a much cheaper used 2011 Mercedes car which did not give me any performance issues for over 100,000 km.
Definitely a dealer issue, the key word is "trade in assist"

post #4 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am in Toronto, Canada. This is not the best way to show off the car but here it is being taken to service yesterday for the second time in a month.

I did not contact Mercedes Benz Canada yet but the dealer said that even if I was to contact MB Canada they would just send me to him (sales manager) to deal with the issue. He said there is no way they would exchange the car for a new one. This is just ridiculous.

Maybe I will reach out to MB Canada and see if they care. It would be disappointing if they just direct me back to the same manager where I won't get anywhere. I spoke to him 30 minutes yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180126_091045.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	21401  
post #5 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 PM

Car Year & Model: 2019 GLA250
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe it is time to check if there is a lemon law for your area. Most lemon laws say if the problem is not fixed after a number of times then the dealer has to take it back. You might have to jump thru several hoops but if you get your money back or a replacement would be worth it.

2019 GLA250 Black/Black replaced 2016 GLA250 Black/Black
Second car 2007 SLK350 Black/Black
post #6 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Certainly there is more than one MB dealer in Toronto, so perhaps MB Canada will direct you to a more cooperative one. But based on another forum member in the US with a persistent gas fumes problem, you might have a challenge ahead. Hope not! This will definitely be of interest to others.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights

Last edited by turbolink; 01-28-2018 at 12:18 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 01:16 PM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA45
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My suggestion is simple. If you get your new GLA in GTA you bought from a MBC owned dealership. Return to the dealership and speak with the dealer's GM. If you are not satisfied write a letter to Brian Fulton (MBC CEO) documenting your issues and the failure of the retail dealership to attend to your issues (including no car to drive during the supposed repair). Deliver it by hand to the HO (behind the retail dealership on Eglinton Avenue) reception area. While you are not likely to hear directly from Brian, my experience is you will be attended to. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a warning message "Reversing Not Possible - Service Required" that came up twice within 3 days on my 2018 GLA250 4Matic. My car is less than 30 days old and has about 1000km on it.
I was wondering if this is a normal issue and I shouldn't be worried about it.
I wouldn't worry about it. My 2015 did that one day as I was parking in front of a store. I was concerned at first since the car was nose in to the curb. But reverse still worked, so seemed to be just a glitch. I did mention it to my dealership at the next "A" service. They performed a software update, and it hasn't happened again.

If I were you, I'd keep records of your interaction with the dealership and MB, but just drive the car and wait to see what happens.

'15 GLA250 4Matic, white, sport package, xenons, panoramic sun roof, walnut dash, beige MB tex with heat, premium package, rear camera
'13 GLK350 4Matic (wife's),
'01 Porsche Boxster S,
1938 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan. Frame off restoration - all work done by me.
post #9 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
They said I could pick-up my car tomorrow and they "may" give me a few hundred dollars as compensation. It cost me more than a few hundred dollars for missing half day of work on Monday, and not having a loaner car for 6 days. Not to mention I was paying the loan for the time the car was sitting at service which itself is well over a hundred dollars.

I called Mercedes Benz Customer Service and they said they will only accept returns in 5 days and he was referring to exchange as the same thing.

I guess this will be the last Mercedes I will ever own. Might even sell it soon to not have to deal with the cheapos running the luxury brand.
The slogan "Best or Nothing" is a lie. If I wanted to be treated like this I would have just bought a cheap car like Hyundai for half the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZGLAguy
Hi....
What dealer did you get your car from?
See my post from earlier today about what you might do if you bought from a Toronto MBC owned dealership. It will also be effective for a none MBC owned store.
YYZGLAguy
post #10 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 PM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA45
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
They said I could pick-up my car tomorrow and they "may" give me a few hundred dollars as compensation. It cost me more than a few hundred dollars for missing half day of work on Monday, and not having a loaner car for 6 days. Not to mention I was paying the loan for the time the car was sitting at service which itself is well over a hundred dollars.

I called Mercedes Benz Customer Service and they said they will only accept returns in 5 days and he was referring to exchange as the same thing.

I guess this will be the last Mercedes I will ever own. Might even sell it soon to not have to deal with the cheapos running the luxury brand.
The slogan "Best or Nothing" is a lie. If I wanted to be treated like this I would have just bought a cheap car like Hyundai for half the price.
Get in touch with Head Office. Document your problem and address to Brian Fulton. Am highly confident you will get results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page