Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative! - Mercedes GLA Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative!

Only 4 weeks and 1000 miles into a fairly happy relationship with my GLA, but then this pops up! Anyone else get this? Bringing her in tomorrow. Also, only getting 19.8 mpg overall (granted, mostly city)... anyone else see such disappointing MPG?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	8729
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	4697  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-07-2015, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
What's your driving style like and how many miles do you already have on your GLA? Those could be some factors into your mileage.

post #3 of 24 Old 07-07-2015, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Sucks that that system isn't working. I have faith that you are a capable enough driver to not need the system on a regular basis though.

I would say driving style is the likely thing for your mileage. Have you liked the GLA other than these two issues?

post #4 of 24 Old 07-08-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just back from the Mercedes Service Dept. and they said it was a "software" update to fix the Collision Prevention error, but no one could tell me if the software update included any sort of transmission update... Nevertheless, the DCT shifts "seem" a bit smoother and my MPG coming home were the best I've seen since owning the car... Maybe there is a much needed transmission software update available now.... can anyone else confirm??
post #5 of 24 Old 07-08-2015, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Not bad at all.

Have you tried asking your service advisor to see if this was the case? I'd assume they'd have a list of the updates that went on or some record of it.

post #6 of 24 Old 07-08-2015, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
So weird how so many problems can be fixed with a software update now. Its crazy how much computers are involved in vehicles now. Soon mechanics are going to have to be thought of more like programmers and engineers.
ccatx likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 07-08-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
AMGz, I did ask my service advisor, but he could not confirm that the software update did or did not include a transmission fix.... Frustrating, but the error message was fixed and after 15+ miles, MPG and shifts seem improved... I'll report back after a week or so, hopefully with a positive report on both.
post #8 of 24 Old 09-07-2015, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Owned a gla250 4matic for just under 2 months. Have about 4000 mi on the clock. Was out on the freeway on Saturday in a rainy day when this message (CPA+ INOPERABLE) popped up on the cluster in front of the steering wheel).

Have an appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. Will let you know what they find out. ..

This feature is important to us as this car was an alternative to a Subaru with Eyesight...
post #9 of 24 Old 09-08-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Have you considered that the weather may have forced the system to be disabled? Is it still inoperable in clear conditions?

2015 GLA250 4Matic
Avg. 26.3 mpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 Old 09-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Tim

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My car went into limp mode twice when driving at speed in the rain on the highway in July and created a check engine light. The dealer said they did something with the software. It drives a bit less smooth, no mileage difference and the check engine light was cleared. I wonder where water is getting that would cause electrical issues. I had to stop and turn the car off and back on to get the transmission to function.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page