LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 Old 07-04-2016, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to remove rear view mirror?

Saludos...

I have in transit a rear view mirror with the homelink system for replacing the original one in my 2015 gla 250. I've scoured other forums including the CLA ones and youtube but can't find instructions on how to safely remove/replace it. Closest thing is one particular link showing the plastic pieces around the mirror stem stating they snap together but no additional info on the procedure for safely removing them to get to the mirror attachment. Appreciate any guidance ...

JSR:.

GLA 250 Mountain Grey, sport & offroad package, keyless entry, panoramic roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 Old 07-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Car Year & Model: 2015 White GLA250 4Matic well equipped $45K MSRP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to WeGla250 Send a message via MSN to WeGla250 Send a message via Yahoo to WeGla250
Rear view mirror removal

See attached. Maybe this will help.
rayman likes this.

Last edited by WeGla250; 01-18-2018 at 08:45 AM.
post #3 of 108 Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ah!!.. you're tha'man!!! ... Thxs!

post #4 of 108 Old 07-06-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrshaman View Post
Saludos...

I have in transit a rear view mirror with the homelink system for replacing the original one in my 2015 gla 250. I've scoured other forums including the CLA ones and youtube but can't find instructions on how to safely remove/replace it. Closest thing is one particular link showing the plastic pieces around the mirror stem stating they snap together but no additional info on the procedure for safely removing them to get to the mirror attachment. Appreciate any guidance ...

JSR can you list where you purchased the rear view mirror with homelink along with how you go with install? I've been trying to find a way of retrofitting homelink but can't find anything online.
post #5 of 108 Old 07-06-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sure... bought it used in ebay. Now, for some time now I had an active search on ebay looking for either a CLA250 14-15 rear view mirror or GLA250 2015 with homelink and the compass. A GLA rearview mirror is being sold as of this moment but the seller is asking $432.99 (ebay item description: Interior Overhead Rear View Mirror Black OEM Mercedes GLA250 X156 2015-16) . Found a CLA250 14-15 with homelink and the compass for $100 (ebay item description at the time of purchase: 14 15 Mercedes CLA Class CLA250 CLA45 Rear View Mirror Home Link & Compass OEM). I suggest you program a similar search and wait a bit. Don't know if other model MB will fit our GLA's but this particular years CLA's will (at least for the USA ones it seems).

post #6 of 108 Old 07-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Here's a company that I know of that has the HomeLink system in several versions, in mirror and others. These are original factory parts.
I have no interest in the company but I know they've been around since the 70s since they used to be a customer of mine back then. Not too many people last that long in business :-)
Welcome to MITO-Auto

2015 GLA45AMG
Dallas, Texas USA
post #7 of 108 Old 07-10-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok... need some additional help. The whole plastic assembly around the mirror stem which houses the emergency call & phone assistance buttons keeps coming out as one piece. I can't find the trick to separating the part housing the buttons from the rest (see included picture). Experience showed me to be quite cautious when applying force to separate plastic from anything. Anyone who has done this who can shed some light? how do they separate? any good/particular area to pry for detachment? up, down, side, bottom, some idea of the force involved when prying?

Thxs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearview plastic mirror assembly.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	10569  

post #8 of 108 Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Basic rearview mirror

Anyone looking to sell the basic rearview mirror? Perhaps when the mirror was replaced you have the basic one and would like to sell?

THanks

Allan
post #9 of 108 Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Zig

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I just bought used 2016 CLA 4matic Sport+ version. Unfortunately it came with manual rear mirror and I do need the homelink functionality. (I know... that this is GLAOwners forum, but CLA forum is not as knowledgeable as you are).

I searched using Google to get some details about the possibility of replacing manual mirror with Homelink version. After seeing rear view removal posts in GLAOwners forum I was able to download your rear mirror removal instructions. I joined the forum today especially just to see if someone can provide me with some guidance.

I bought self-dimming rear view mirror from late 2014 CLA. It arrived last Friday. Unfortunately my existing harness is missing the 3 conductor blue connector wiring. I am trying to have the yard remove the harness for me. I am hoping that maybe someone here has some information on the system connection points of the blue rear mirror connector.

Knowing that CLA and GLA share most of the systems, I hope that the connections points are the same.

I would appreciate any help you are willing to provide.
Thank you in advance,

Zig
post #10 of 108 Old 08-20-2017, 03:52 AM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA 250, Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrshaman View Post
Saludos...

Hi jsrshaman, would you have the part number for the replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page