LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-28-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 200cdi, aut. 4-tronic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Extra Ledbar mount

Im a bit torn on the mainlights on my GLA. I love the dynamic system with auto dim, and corner lights. However Im far from satisfied with the strenght of the lights. I seek a possible method to add an extra ledlight-bar into the dynamic system. I want the cars dynamic system to engage and disengage the extra longlight-bar. That probably means that digital signal have to be collected and processed from the cars dynamic system to dim led-mainlight up and down. Now, this is normally no problem when the cars longlights turns on and off, but on my car they doesent, the lights are aways on, but is regulated up/down by electric motors.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to install extra led-bar (long-light) onto the cars system? My car have these specs on mainlight system (at least, these codes are what I've found):

608 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM SWITCH (IHC)

622* *HEADLAMP WITH ILS, RIGHT-HAND TRAFFIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-29-2019, 07:59 AM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA 250 AWD and FWD (yes, 2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I can't address your question but I can empathize with your desire. When shopping for our GLA(s) LED headlights were a primary option criteria. So much so that we ultimately had an LED-headlight equipped vehicle transferred from Maine to MA dealership (about 120 miles or 193 KM).

My wife prior had a Caddy ATS with Bi-xenon and they were woefully inadequate (admittedly elder eyesight).

2018 GLA 250 AWD in MA and FWD in FL
post #3 of 4 Old 11-29-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2015 GLA 200cdi, aut. 4-tronic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Its strange that bi-xenon are this poor. I used to love my regular xenonlights on older cars. Well, I used the black friday at full, and got my GLA a Lazer Linear 18 Elite. I go for a low mount under the frontsigns, an flush with the signs. The bar will barely show on the car. I can't use the cars auto choise for the mainlights, but I just have to bite the sour grape. I need to see! This area is packed with moose running all over the roads in the dark. With or without this Lazer ledbar can actually be a matter of life and death..

Last edited by Tunkvalo; 11-29-2019 at 05:33 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-30-2019, 08:10 AM

Car Year & Model: 2018 GLA 250 AWD and FWD (yes, 2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
When we travel to the "Northeast Kingdom" of upstate Vermont & New Hampshire we also encounter a lot of moose so I can again empathize with the need to see same at distance. The GLA with LED headlights is very capable for us.

btw: I've been on joint US & Norway Winter exercises near Evenes so I know a little about your weather and terrain. Beautiful country.

2018 GLA 250 AWD in MA and FWD in FL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page