Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Installed V17 Turbo LED Kit

18K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  GLAGriff 
#1 ·
I installed the V17 Turbo LED Kit to replace the halogen H7 low beams, and WOW, the difference is huge!

They are 100% error free and look really good, a really big improvement over the awful yellowish factory halogens.

Now, the only problem is that the DRL/Hi beam looks really bad in comparison, so I need to find some way of replacing those.

I was looking to find a H15 solution for those, but I am not sure which ones to get. I read about the Lasfit H15 kit, but don't know if it will fit without modifications.

If anyone has some suggestions, please share!

Thanks!

#3 ·
Trust me, the low beam is H7, and the combination DRL/Hi Beam is H15. I honestly don't know why that guide says that...

Anyway, I finally found a replacement error free LED that works for both DRL and Hi Beam (it is really difficult to find, since they are new and I could not find any seller in the US, so I had to order it from China).

It took a while to arrive, but it is definitely worth it. This is the one I ordered:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pop...32834186019.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.EVaV0c

Any of the other H15 solutions out there did not work (the ones that have a fan in the back won't fit, and the ones that have only the bulb are just for DRL, very dim and they throw canbus errors)

#6 ·
Ok, pics attached.

Attachments

#13 ·
The low beam? that one was easy, but I did not buy it online, I got it at a store called TOP HIDS HID Lights Dallas,Texas | HID Kits $39 Shipped | (855)TOP-HIDS and the kit is called V17 Turbo Led (I am attaching a pic of the box, and you can probably find it online).
And, no, I did not have to modify anything...

Attachments

#19 ·
I bought the H15 bulbs from AliExpress using Daniel's link. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Tried to put them on yesterday but was unsuccessful. The regular halogen H15 bulbs have a flat tab that has good ergonomic to screw in and out with two fingers even in tight space. The LED one simply has a bunch of aluminum straps and cord at the end, and doesn't help the rubber red rings at the bottom of the bulb (see Daniel's for sale post) that makes them even harder to lock the bulb in place... Almost impossible to screw them tight. Would like to hear those of you who have done it successfully.

I tried without the rubber ring and still couldn't get them installed.

As for low beam, click on my profile and see the adapter rings and bulbs I bought from Amazon. Working great so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.