2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 06-10-2016, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Joining the GLA45 AMG family

Hey everyone, just signed the paperwork today for a 2017 with South Seas Blue exterior and Beige/Black interior. Delivery will be sometime late in November (not sure if they are available later but that's when I need it). I will be counting down the days until it happens but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had pics of their South Seas Blue that I could look at and also the Beige/Black interior. Obviously that will be a rare combination but if you have either please share some pictures or links to them. I tried looking at all the pics on the site and only found one South Seas Blue but there must be more of that beautiful colour out there.

Below are the renderings from the customizer.

Going Premium Plus package and Executive Package. Foregoing any of the AMG add ons though (calipers, wing, performance exhaust). I still have until the end of the month to make any final changes so if anyone has any "can't miss" suggestions I can always add them on!

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about this great car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 9.45.31 PM.png
Views:	390
Size:	739.5 KB
ID:	10097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 9.44.45 PM.png
Views:	324
Size:	887.7 KB
ID:	10105  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 06-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Welcome to our GLA forum hrosenberg33. You're possibly the first to have a 2017 45 on order, though it sounds like a couple others are still considering options. Look for posts by SSBGLA45, who also has an award winning South Seas Blue 45. Please keep us posted on your progress, and in the meantime there's an ever growing community body of knowledge here.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 42 Old 06-11-2016, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Congratulations on your order.

Pam and I ordered her 2017 GLA45 in April for a late August European Delivery. We were working off of the April version of the DOG then.

I just received the 9 of June version today. There are two changes ... base prices have been determined and represent a marginal increase, and the option for the passenger power seat is being discontinued since it will be standard starting in September.

I can't find the Executive Package in either of those versions. Can you please detail what this is?

Thanks ... Wayne

post #4 of 42 Old 06-11-2016, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Welcome!! Performance exhaust would be on the top of my list but that's just me. I don't regret getting it at all.
post #5 of 42 Old 06-11-2016, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Welcome to the 45 family. Performance exhaust would at the top of my list. Cost is not much more.
post #6 of 42 Old 06-12-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolink View Post
Welcome to our GLA forum hrosenberg33. You're possibly the first to have a 2017 45 on order, though it sounds like a couple others are still considering options. Look for posts by SSBGLA45, who also has an award winning South Seas Blue 45. Please keep us posted on your progress, and in the meantime there's an ever growing community body of knowledge here.
Thanks turbolink, will check out SSBGLA45's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Congratulations on your order.

Pam and I ordered her 2017 GLA45 in April for a late August European Delivery. We were working off of the April version of the DOG then.

I just received the 9 of June version today. There are two changes ... base prices have been determined and represent a marginal increase, and the option for the passenger power seat is being discontinued since it will be standard starting in September.

I can't find the Executive Package in either of those versions. Can you please detail what this is?

Thanks ... Wayne
Congrats on your order! Euro Delivery? That would be awesome. Maybe next time for me!

My apologies, it's the Exclusive (not Executive) Package in Canada. Here are all the packages:

Exclusive
Leather Upholstery
IR Remote Window Open/Close Function on Driver Door
ARTICO Leather Dashboard

Premium
THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control
Apple CarPlay™
Smartphone Integration
COMAND Online Navigation w/ MB Apps
Passive Blind Spot Assist
AMG Performance Exhaust
Panoramic Sunroof
Rear View Camera
DVD Drive

Premium Plus
EASY-PACK Power Tailgate
Integrated Garage Door Opener
Storage Package
PARKTRONIC w / Active Parking Assist
Exterior Power Folding Mirrors
harman/kardon® LOGIC7® Surround Sound System
Auto Dimming Mirrors (Rearview & Driver's Side)

I was given the PDF of what the 2017 changes will be so I have attached it below. I did not see it elsewhere but perhaps I missed it. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MY17 GLA What's New 2016-3-30 (1).pdf (2.85 MB, 2311 views)
post #7 of 42 Old 06-12-2016, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Where are you in Canada hrosenberg33? I am from GTA, I placed an order for MY17 GLA45 back in March. Dealer told me the order will be MY17 at the time.
Till this date, they are not able to provide the delivery date for me.
post #8 of 42 Old 06-12-2016, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
Where are you in Canada hrosenberg33? I am from GTA, I placed an order for MY17 GLA45 back in March. Dealer told me the order will be MY17 at the time.
Till this date, they are not able to provide the delivery date for me.
Ottawa, I still don't have an official production date or delivery date. The deal was worked with the understanding that we would aim for a late November to mid December. I have to finalize my interior colour by the end of the month so I hope to have firmer dates then.

I think I should be good unless there's some weird stuff like what happened with the MY16s that seemed to be delayed for a while. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Our of curiosity what exterior/interior did you go with?
post #9 of 42 Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
Ottawa, I still don't have an official production date or delivery date. The deal was worked with the understanding that we would aim for a late November to mid December. I have to finalize my interior colour by the end of the month so I hope to have firmer dates then.

I think I should be good unless there's some weird stuff like what happened with the MY16s that seemed to be delayed for a while. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Our of curiosity what exterior/interior did you go with?
I went with white with black/red stitching interior.

My dealer also didn't know the final pricing either for MY17. Was it same for you?
post #10 of 42 Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Speaking strictly from my perspective in my market in the USA ...

It looks like Canada has different packages than we have in the USA! Here in the States we can't get under seat storage trays, folding mirrors, or LED Dynamic Headlights. We only have the 2 liter motor (MB or AMG). We have no diesel option. I guess it makes sense that other markets have different option packages!

In the USA, while 2016 orders were shut off on 18 March, we did not get a DOG (Dealer Order Guide) until April. The dealer could not take an official order in the interim.

I am concerned that a March order may be floating in space.

Ask your dealer to show you your order status on their computer screen. This will tell you if the order is pending approval, has been accepted and is waiting, if it is close to locking, or if it has locked. On the USA this is color coded white, green, yellow, and red.

While many of the options prices were listed on the April DOG, the one just released is the first to indicate base pricing. There are still missing ala carte options that our dealer was able to select for us in April, but only from his computer screen (Selectable Adaptive Suspension for instance). There are options with tba pricing (Carbon Fiber Dash Trim for instance) so we do not have a final price yet.

But we do have a specific day in August for our factory delivery. A personal pick up may be more specific than a boat crossing the ocean to a port with secondary shipping and preparation involved.

Good luck getting things nailed down.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page