Do you like your GLA/Would you buy again? - Mercedes GLA Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Do you like your GLA/Would you buy again?

Hi all,

I am a long time Infiniti driver having owned several different models over the past 14 years. I've been loyal to the brand in large part because one of my best friends who I grew up with, owns an Infiniti dealership and there are some perks that come with that.

I would like to replace my current ride with a new one and I was thinking of the QX30 which is based on the GLA. However, I like the look of the GLA better. And, it has available features the QX30 does not: Push Button Ignition, Power Tailgate, and a Sunroof. Also, the Infotainment System in the GLA seems to be more polished and responsive than the one in the QX30.

Having only owned Japanse cars (I had a Honda and then an Acura before switching to Infiniti), I have no experience/familiarity with Mercedes or the German brands in general.

While I like the GLA better, I am nervous about making the switch from Infiniti to Mercedes. Especially since I would be just another customer at the Mercedes dealership whereas I am a friend of the owner at Infiniti.

I was hoping some of you would be willing to share your experiences with the GLA and with Mercedes. Hindsight being 20/20, would you still have bought the GLA if you could go back in time? Have you experienced any problems with your GLA? If so, did the dealer and/or Mercedes rectify promptly?

I appreciate any comments and info you provide.

Ryan

Last edited by salamirenegade; 11-09-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Welcome to the GLA forum salami. There's been a lot of recent discussion on the QX30, here's a thread that might interest you:

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/intro...x30-owner.html

There have been several others you can find by typing QX30 in the search box on the upper right. Speaking for myself and guessing the rest of the GLA folks here, I doubt you'll find too many who would switch to Infiniti.

Also, one recent QX30 buyer discovered if you get the MB pushbutton knob itself and insert it into the keyhole, it works. Not sure if he had Keyless Start of Go and didn't know it, however.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 05:26 PM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA45 AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I got my 2016 GLA45 a few months back, and I would buy it again. This is my first Mercedes, and perhaps that makes my opinion different. Some owners may have owned other MB vehicles beforehand, and other classes may have more of the luxurious bells and whistles, but as a first-time MB owner, I'm super happy with my vehicle. It's stylish, unique enough to get a lot of head turns, and it's AMG. I can't speak on behalf of 250 owners, but I'd get another 45... I may end up doing it in a few years if the newer models are improved/changed enough.

The QX30 does look nice, but I haven't been in one, personally, so I can't compare. Does it have more of the luxurious bells and whistles? Still, as an MB owner, it would take an exceptional vehicle to convince me to switch brands.

2016 GLA45 | Bay Area, CA (USA) __🚗 💨💨💨 ___
Night Black, Black Leather Interior, Carbon Fiber Trim
Black 20" Wheels, Red Calipers, Performance Seats + Exhaust
Premium + Interior + Multimedia Packages... and more

post #4 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I love my 2015 GLA250 Edition 1. It just fits me. My only wish is that I had waited for a 2016 since they added lots of goodies like push button start and Apple CarPlay. Other than that, I love it. Plenty of HP and Torque. Comfortable and it looks good, inside and out.
post #5 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Had my 2016 250 for 4 months and take one long trip in it. Very happy and would buy again. Wish it had the 360 view like Infiniti QX50 has on the back up screen.
Right_mr likes this.

2016 GLA250 Black/Black & 2007 SLK350 Black/Black
post #6 of 51 Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. My appreciation for this car has dramatically increased as time goes by. It just suits me in so many respects.

While looking into purchasing a new car, it was this one that caught my attention while researching the details. A few minutes into the test drive and I was sold! In no time at all, I was out the door, heading for a coffee in a new MB!
Right_mr likes this.
post #7 of 51 Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
i got gla 45 and love it, BUT it rattles.
my first most $$$ car and i am disappointed, but again i would buy in the heart beat!!!

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE
post #8 of 51 Old 11-10-2016, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I am disapointed that Mercedes don't offer 360 camera on GLA.
Right_mr likes this.
post #9 of 51 Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 PM

Car Year & Model: GLA250 4Matic 2016
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
After 6 weeks and 900 kms of city and freeway driving I'm sorry I didn't buy the GLA sooner. It was delivered with run-flats and the Command system (KH with Logic 7 amongst other goodies). We find there is no more road noise than we experienced in the C240, and the HK system is just great. I play mp3 files from an SD card, and try to rip these files at the highest resolution possible. The sound is nearly as good as the very sophisticated sound system in our living room.

We just love the car, and sometimes it's a tussle to see who gets into the drivers seat first. My initial concern was that the turbo 4 wouldn't have the grunt of the V6 in the last Mercedes. I drive mainly in C mode - and have to be careful leaving the driveway that I don't take off into the ether. The engine is very powerful, and certainly leaves behind most of the other vehicles I test drove. At my age this is about all the excitement I can take.
Right_mr likes this.

2016 GLA250 4Matic Orient Brown with Sahara Beige leather & Command system
2005 C240
2000 BMW 330ci
1997 CLK 230 Kompressor
1994 BMW 318i
post #10 of 51 Old 11-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caug View Post
i got gla 45 and love it, BUT it rattles.
my first most $$$ car and i am disappointed, but again i would buy in the heart beat!!!
Ditto

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page