SOS Inoperative - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SOS Inoperative

Hi all - 3rd month of ownership, just around 1,000 miles and last week on the center screen "SOS Inoperative" every time I start the car.

I never activated Embrace. it's a new car so no previous registration either. I called the 800 number on the card they keep hassling me with to sign up - can't activate over the phone, must do it from the car.

Ok - hop in car this afternoon to drive into work, figure I'll hit the button. I hit the button and they ask me for my VIN number. REALLY? Are you f'ing kidding me? you don't have this in a database somewhere?

It's like 5 degrees out so I'm not going to sit in the car and do this - I'll do it while driving... or as the case may be not do it while driving. I don't want the trial. I don't want the service. I'm still fuming that I bought my car when it was known that 5 years were free for MY16 cars - mine is a 15. But I bought my car in November when the free notice was given in August. You'd think they'd at least include buyers post August. But I digress.

Ending the rant, I'm now told that I have to take it into the dealer to have it looked at. Swell. That or keep hitting the back button every time I start the car.

Anyone have experienced this and figured out how to just disable it? Sort of Tony Soprano style? I recall an episode of that show where they pulled onstar out of all of Tony's car for very different reasons.

Any advice (or sympathy cards) appreciated.

P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2016, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
The dealer has to activate your mbrace access with an iPad app they have.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Louie we went through that and I declined. I don't want it - anyone know if it's possible to reset it without pulling battery cables?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page