4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 04-18-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA 250 4WD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 GLA 250 on order, 2017 any changes?

Hi All,
I recently ordered a 2016 GLA 250 with production estimated as the first week of May. My dealer told me this is the next to last week for production of 2016 models. Has anybody heard if there will be any significant changes for the 2017 model? I don't really want to wait for the production change-over and it will probably be more $$$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 04-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
There has been precious little news on 2017 changes. I wonder if your dealer meant the next to last week to order a 2016? As I recall, production goes at least through June, but I'm sort of recalling maybe August. 2016 production started on 1 September 2015.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 29 Old 04-18-2016, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Turbolink is right. Or at least that's what they were doing last year as mine was built in June and definitely wasn't the last one off the line.
Any changes in 2017 are going to be relatively minor. The GLA isn't due for any kind of facelift for a couple years. If a bigger change is coming we'll know about it!

post #4 of 29 Old 04-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
I was told the last date to order a European Delivery was 18 March. I also saw an email confirming this.

So I'm holding to order a 2017 45 for my wife and hoping they don't drop the Northern Lights Violet that she wants.

I'm told first delivery of the 2017s will be early July, but I have no information when the DOG (Dealer Order Guide) will be available.

It has been inferred that the phone interface will be improved, especially for Android users.

In the US we are forced to use run flats, can't get under the front seat storage trays, can't get electric side folding mirrors, can't get LED turning head lights, and more. I'm hoping the DOG fixes some of these omissions. But I have no idea.
post #5 of 29 Old 04-18-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA 250 4WD
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I was at my dealer on March 22 and he also showed me an email that stated that the cutoff for ordering 2016s was March 18 (not just European delivery). So I left the showroom but the next day he called to say there were some unused order "spots" from other dealers in the Northeast and they negotiated to get one for me so we ordered the car. He told me if I waited for a 2017 it would be about August when they would get it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I know this forum will be a great place to hangout online!
BTW - I think it would be a good idea to promote that posters fill in their Location so that everyone knows what they are talking about, considering the fact that option availability is different for each country.
turbolink likes this.

2016 GLA250W4 - took delivery 6/14/16
Mountain Grey, Beige MB-Tex, Poplar Wood, Rearview camera, Blind Spot, Smartphone Integration (CarPlay).
Members - fill in your "Location".
post #6 of 29 Old 04-19-2016, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitzer View Post
BTW - I think it would be a good idea to promote that posters fill in their Location so that everyone knows what they are talking about, considering the fact that option availability is different for each country.
I posted the same thing months ago to no avail.

Some other car forums I frequent nag posters to add their location and car details to their info.
It really helps when folks are asking questions about their cars, etc.
turbolink likes this.

2016 GLA 250 4Matic, Cirrus White, Ash MB-Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg, Panorama Sunroof, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Blind Spot Assist, Power Passenger Seat with Memory
Mods: Wind & Fire Ghost Lights, Mercedes Reversible Rear Floor Mat, BlackLine Chrome Door Lock Pins, Mercedes Wheel Changing Kit, Stainless Steel Sport Petal Pads
Other Ride: 2012 SLK 350, Mars Red, Ash, etc.
post #7 of 29 Old 04-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Gitzer and WhiteRabbit, you both make excellent points on location. I've thought that as well and realize we often speak where we live one way or another, sooner or later. Just changed my profile. Good suggestion!
WhiteRabbit and Gitzer like this.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #8 of 29 Old 04-19-2016, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I was told the last date to order a European Delivery was 18 March. I also saw an email confirming this.

So I'm holding to order a 2017 45 for my wife and hoping they don't drop the Northern Lights Violet that she wants.

I'm told first delivery of the 2017s will be early July, but I have no information when the DOG (Dealer Order Guide) will be available.

It has been inferred that the phone interface will be improved, especially for Android users.

In the US we are forced to use run flats, can't get under the front seat storage trays, can't get electric side folding mirrors, can't get LED turning head lights, and more. I'm hoping the DOG fixes some of these omissions. But I have no idea.
45s don't come with run flats only 250s. There is a possibility that the gla will get the new LED headlights present on 16 a classes and 17 cla class. But from previous history, the gla is always one year behind the cla, like the newer interior and nav unit. The 2016 45s did get the engine update across the board without delay
post #9 of 29 Old 04-19-2016, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
2017 GLA spy shots.

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA Spy Shots

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
post #10 of 29 Old 04-19-2016, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Here is the actual video.

https://youtu.be/5pw4cfSBFQ4

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page