2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
windshield crack

hi, everyone. this is my first thread in this section. i'm live in New York. we had snow here on last Saturday. this morning, i was gonna drive it, i saw a crack on my windshield. i google the type of crack, it says that is kind crack not cause by direct impact, it caused by temperature, however, its not like that cold here. it was like 20F last couple days.

so, since it is my first time to have this kinda problem. i wanna have some suggestion from other owner or dose anyone has the same problem.

i did make an appointment at dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
I would definitely have the dealership look at it. If it was caused by temperature change it could be the result of improper installation at the factory and should be covered by warranty, especially since it's so new. This is the first I have heard of this happening, so I'm really interested in hearing the outcome. I live in Florida, so heat is usually the issue we deal with, however, the overnight low two days ago was 26 degrees! Do you park in a garage or outside?

Paul...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 GLA250, Night Black/Ash
Premium Package, Aluminum Trim
Panoramic Sunroof, Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist, 19" Wheels
Garmin Map Pilot GPS Ver. 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
I would definitely have the dealership look at it. If it was caused by temperature change it could be the result of improper installation at the factory and should be covered by warranty, especially since it's so new. This is the first I have heard of this happening, so I'm really interested in hearing the outcome. I live in Florida, so heat is usually the issue we deal with, however, the overnight low two days ago was 26 degrees! Do you park in a garage or outside?
hi, red rock. thanks for reply. i was parked outside. this is also new for me, i had civic and accord before this car, i never had same problem. when i ordered the car, it included the night package, however, when the car delivered they dealer said they MB factory didn't put it on. therefore, the car didn't come with the night package. my sales say they will do this for me at service center. i think it might be related to that. since the installation of the package as i know, they need take off some parts first.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Garage
Did the dealer install the Night Package? Does the windshield have to be removed to install the Night Package? If so, then I would definitely have the dealership look at how it was installed and have them replace it with a genuine MB windshield. Sounds like someone at the dealership really messed up your order! I hope it all gets worked out for you.

Paul...

post #5 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Did the dealer install the Night Package? Does the windshield have to be removed to install the Night Package? If so, then I would definitely have the dealership look at how it was installed and have them replace it with a genuine MB windshield. Sounds like someone at the dealership really messed up your order! I hope it all gets worked out for you.
yes. the dealer installed the night package for me. they asked me to bring the car to their service department. my sales told me its MB authentic paint. after i got the car, i don't real think they did good job tho. i bring it back to the service. after several times, i seems okay. (i mean i just try to convince myself its a lease car). but yesterday, i found out that the windshield cracked. i don't even know what to do.

i did make an appointment last night. then, i contact the sales person this morning, he ask me to let service department provide better feedback not him. he also told that Geico will cover it. its like they don't wanna take responsibility.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	14969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0147.JPG.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	14977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.JPG.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	14985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.JPG.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	14993  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiNo1 View Post
yes. the dealer installed the night package for me. they asked me to bring the car to their service department. my sales told me its MB authentic paint. after i got the car, i don't real think they did good job tho. i bring it back to the service. after several times, i seems okay. (i mean i just try to convince myself its a lease car). but yesterday, i found out that the windshield cracked. i don't even know what to do.

i did make an appointment last night. then, i contact the sales person this morning, he ask me to let service department provide better feedback not him. he also told that Geico will cover it. its like they don't wanna take responsibility.

The first picture looks like a stress crack, which would be the result of an improperly installed windshield. Before you go to your insurance company, I would talk with the service department and see if they will replace it under warranty. There is no evidence of a rock hitting it, so they shouldn't be sending you to your insurance company. Also, if your insurance company replaces it, they may not replace it with an OEM windshield, which could have an effect on the sensors behind the windshield.

The last two pictures look like a scratch, but that may just be the angle. I'd push the service department for a warranty replacement. Get tough and don't back down. Is there more than one MB dealership close to you? If so, check Yelp or another rating website and see which one have the best rating for service, then take it there. Your chances of getting it taken care of should be better. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul...

post #7 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The first picture looks like a stress crack, which would be the result of an improperly installed windshield. Before you go to your insurance company, I would talk with the service department and see if they will replace it under warranty. There is no evidence of a rock hitting it, so they shouldn't be sending you to your insurance company. Also, if your insurance company replaces it, they may not replace it with an OEM windshield, which could have an effect on the sensors behind the windshield.

The last two pictures look like a scratch, but that may just be the angle. I'd push the service department for a warranty replacement. Get tough and don't back down. Is there more than one MB dealership close to you? If so, check Yelp or another rating website and see which one have the best rating for service, then take it there. Your chances of getting it taken care of should be better. Good luck!

Red Rock, really appreciate your advice, thank you so much. I've told them i wanna know if they remove the parts for installing the night package. i think what you said is very important for me. also, there is other MB dealership close to me. i can bring my car their service center even i didn't bought from their dealership?
post #8 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Your chances of getting it taken care of should be better. Good luck!

i will tell you the result after i went to dealer tmr. thanks a lot!!!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiNo1 View Post
Red Rock, really appreciate your advice, thank you so much. I've told them i wanna know if they remove the parts for installing the night package. i think what you said is very important for me. also, there is other MB dealership close to me. i can bring my car their service center even i didn't bought from their dealership?

Yes, the warranty is good nationwide. We bought our GLA in Alabama because we got a better deal than we could have here locally, but it gets serviced at the local MB dealer. If you aren't happy with the service you're getting at one dealer you have the right to take it to whatever dealer gives you the best service.

kimiNo1 likes this.

Paul...

post #10 of 11 Old 01-11-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
hey, Red Rock. i went to service department today, they saw the crack. the SA directly told me that they gonna cover it, its stress crack cause by improper installation.

gonna go pick up my car in two days.
Red Rock likes this.

2017 GLA 4Matic, Cirrus White
Night Package, Panorama Roof,
Bi-Xenon headlamps and LED taillamps, Aluminum Trim, Premium Package.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page