ECO start /stop - Mercedes GLA Forum
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 12-15-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question ECO start /stop

In need to know if the ECO has its own battery and where is it located? I don't have a service manual (looking for one) and not familiar with this features configuration.

My ECO hasn't turmed my car off Since I did my service A and the dealer says it's normal. Hmmmm.
I heard of a possible relay problem or a battery problem so I need to look at those areas. My ECO button displays a green light.

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
Louie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 12-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NE NY, USA
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Was ECO working before the A service? It's pretty cold up here, but mine turns off quite regularly. I think the dealer may not be right.

2015 GLA250 Polar Silver Black MB Tex FWD
H19 Poplar Trim 234 Blind Spot Assist
413 Panorama Sunroof 508 Becker Map Pilot
889 Keyless Go 00A Illuminated Star
068 Wheel locking bolts P01 Premium Package (Sirius, Media Interface, Heated front seats, HK Logic 7, Garage, Compass, Auto dim, 2 zone Climate
Fbsdmd is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
 
SSBGLA45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Posts: 672
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
As per this graphic the answer to you question is 'yes'



What driving mode are you selecting? Sport and M kill the ECO function.

2015 GLA45 delivered April 10, 2015
South Seas Blue Metallic with Crystal Grey Leather Interior
AMG Sport Seats and Steering Wheel
19" AMG Wheels
AMG Performance Exhaust
Lots of 'Bells and Whistles'
Keyless Go
BSA
SSBGLA45 is online now  
 
post #4 of 28 Old 12-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
 
turbolink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Car Year & Model: 2016 GLA250
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie View Post
In need to know if the ECO has its own battery and where is it located? I don't have a service manual (looking for one) and not familiar with this features configuration.

My ECO hasn't turmed my car off Since I did my service A and the dealer says it's normal. Hmmmm.
I heard of a possible relay problem or a battery problem so I need to look at those areas. My ECO button displays a green light.
Louie, our Eco Start/Stop didn't work for four months last spring. First repair attempt, MB changed the auxiliary battery (as shown in SSBGLA45's illustration), did not fix it. Second repair attempt, they discovered the computer code was wrong, needed to be manually coded, reset didn't work. Has been working since then (knock on wood)...until the current cold snap (Hawaiian style). It takes a lot longer for the engine to warm up to all the presumed parameters Eco Start/Stop will work with.

And if you're wondering how cold is it in Oahu today, when I drove out at 0700 I set the thermostat to 70 and the heater came on (first ever). Actually, on Oahu, some areas get down to the high-50s a few times each year. Two blankets! (Last weekend there was 2 feet of snow on the Big Island summits.)
cemeek likes this.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
turbolink is online now  
post #5 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NE NY, USA
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
-4 deg F in upstate NY this morning. The car had to sleep outside last night. Started right up, but it shifted really bad for a while.

2015 GLA250 Polar Silver Black MB Tex FWD
H19 Poplar Trim 234 Blind Spot Assist
413 Panorama Sunroof 508 Becker Map Pilot
889 Keyless Go 00A Illuminated Star
068 Wheel locking bolts P01 Premium Package (Sirius, Media Interface, Heated front seats, HK Logic 7, Garage, Compass, Auto dim, 2 zone Climate
Fbsdmd is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsdmd View Post
Was ECO working before the A service? It's pretty cold up here, but mine turns off quite regularly. I think the dealer may not be right.
Yes

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
Louie is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBGLA45 View Post
As per this graphic the answer to you question is 'yes'



What driving mode are you selecting? Sport and M kill the ECO function.
Thank you so much. I have a 2016. It comes on in all modes.
paracutin likes this.

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
Louie is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolink View Post
Louie, our Eco Start/Stop didn't work for four months last spring. First repair attempt, MB changed the auxiliary battery (as shown in SSBGLA45's illustration), did not fix it. Second repair attempt, they discovered the computer code was wrong, needed to be manually coded, reset didn't work. Has been working since then (knock on wood)...until the current cold snap (Hawaiian style). It takes a lot longer for the engine to warm up to all the presumed parameters Eco Start/Stop will work with.

And if you're wondering how cold is it in Oahu today, when I drove out at 0700 I set the thermostat to 70 and the heater came on (first ever). Actually, on Oahu, some areas get down to the high-50s a few times each year. Two blankets! (Last weekend there was 2 feet of snow on the Big Island summits.)
Thank you for this valuable info.

BTW..been to Hawaii 3 times and miss that place. One day I'll be going for another trip....one day. 😂
turbolink likes this.

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
Louie is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsdmd View Post
-4 deg F in upstate NY this morning. The car had to sleep outside last night. Started right up, but it shifted really bad for a while.
Yeah it's cold here in Maryland too.

2016 MB GLA 250 4Matic in Black (only factory options) and Garmin Map installed.
Louie is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 12-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Member
 
CjackG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie View Post
Thank you so much. I have a 2016. It comes on in all modes.
I have a 2017 GLA and the ECO light comes on anytime you change modes, except if you customized the "Individual" mode to turn off Eco...
paracutin likes this.
CjackG is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome