Push Button ignition on 2015 model - Mercedes GLA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Push Button ignition on 2015 model

Anyway to install pushbutton ignition on 2015 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure about the 2015, but on the 2016 it's just a round plug you stick where the key goes. I can remove the plug and use the key to start the car if I want to, or if the battery in the fob dies. It may just be the plug that's needed. I know Keyless Go and Push Button start are two different features, you may be able to enable the push button start on your GLA.

Paul...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 GLA250, Night Black/Ash
Premium Package, Aluminum Trim
Panoramic Sunroof, Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist, 19" Wheels
Garmin Map Pilot GPS Ver. 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I have Keyless-Go on my 2015, and when I picked the car up, there wasn't a push button in the ignition. They hustled around and found one. Probably all you need is the push button for push button start.

2015 GLA250 Polar Silver Black MB Tex FWD
H19 Poplar Trim 234 Blind Spot Assist
413 Panorama Sunroof 508 Becker Map Pilot
889 Keyless Go 00A Illuminated Star
068 Wheel locking bolts P01 Premium Package (Sirius, Media Interface, Heated front seats, HK Logic 7, Garage, Compass, Auto dim, 2 zone Climate

post #4 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsdmd View Post
I have Keyless-Go on my 2015, and when I picked the car up, there wasn't a push button in the ignition. They hustled around and found one. Probably all you need is the push button for push button start.
One dealer told me they don't install the push button until delivery because they had a habit of disappearing from the vehicle!

Paul...

post #5 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Interesting... I would love to install this in mine. Anyone know what part# is needed for this?
post #6 of 23 Old 12-21-2016, 02:52 PM

I suspect they stole mine from some other car. Unfortunately I have the Becker Map Pilot. If I had the Garmin, the sales lady was willing to give me the SD card for free-she had some in her desk. Worth asking for if you are picking up a car that has Garmin but no SD card.

068 Wheel locking bolts P01 Premium Package (Sirius, Media Interface, Heated front seats, HK Logic 7, Garage, Compass, Auto dim, 2 zone Climate
post #7 of 23 Old 12-22-2016, 08:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
I suspect they stole mine from some other car. Unfortunately I have the Becker Map Pilot. If I had the Garmin, the sales lady was willing to give me the SD card for free-she had some in her desk. Worth asking for if you are picking up a car that has Garmin but no SD card.

I wish I had your sales person! Mine wanted $600 for the SD Card! I ended up getting one from EBay for a of that! Some dealerships really put a premium on those little SD Cards!

I found this Mercedes Benz Start/Stop Button on EBay for $19.99 with free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2526697...&ul_noapp=true

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul...

post #8 of 23 Old 12-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
I wish I had your sales person! Mine wanted $600 for the SD Card! I ended up getting one from EBay for a of that! Some dealerships really put a premium on those little SD Cards!

I found this Mercedes Benz Start/Stop Button on EBay for $19.99 with free shipping!

Start Stop Engine Button Keyless Go Chrome Switch FOR Mercedes Benz | eBay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They say this button is for Keyless-Go. Are there two different buttons, one for Keyless-Go and one without?

post #9 of 23 Old 12-23-2016, 06:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
They say this button is for Keyless-Go. Are there two different buttons, one for Keyless-Go and one without?
I don't know about the 2015 model, but I don't think there is any difference in the 2016 model. We looked at both with and without Keyless Go, decided Keyless Go was a must have, but both vehicles did not have the push button installed during the test drive. We were told, however, that both would have push button start. At $19.99, it might be worth OP taking a chance and seeing if it works.

Paul...

post #10 of 23 Old 12-23-2016, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
The button unit doesn't make it keyless go, the car needs to be built at the factory with it. But the "button" is universal, just ask your dealer to let you borrow a button and see if it works. If it does he owes you a button, if nit you're out of luck. No need to buy one. Keyless Go needs to communicate with the key in your pocket to allow the button to work. Sounds like your dealer is giving you the run around.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page