2016 GLA250 harman/kardon LOGIC7 Sound HELP! - Mercedes GLA Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 GLA250 harman/kardon LOGIC7 Sound HELP!

Just bought my brand new 2016 GLA250 with the Premium Package and Multimedia Package with Smartphone Integration. My partner bought a 2014 CLA 250 and i'm in SHOCK at how horrible the sound quality is in my car compared to his. I know my car is slightly larger than his but you can hear and FEEL everything in his car and i'm just lost! At times i feel like i have no Sub-woofer or if I feel the BASS is acceptable I feel the Tweeters are extremely high where it almost hurts my ears and i'm forced to lower the volume.

What caught my attention the most about my car was the Apple CarPlay, but i was confused on why there is no Sound Settings in the CarPlay program, so i'm finding myself disconnecting my phone from the lightning cable and messing with the Equalizer setting in another Media source like Bluetooth or Sirius, which seems pretty stupid. Also not a fan that i cant change the song selected from my steering wheel. it just says APPLE CARPLAY ACTIVE and nothing else.

I had better sound quality in my Jetta TDI with a Fender sound system. My partner also has amazing clarity and BASS with just using his Bluetooth connection. so I'm thinking I MUST be missing something or my car has to be looked at.

I was able to find that i can enter the Dealer Mode/Engineer Mode by pushing the END CALL button, and Numbers 7 and 9 on my center console, but all the stuff in there I have no idea how it works...

Has anyone had this same issue with their sound system??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Giovanni. Unfortunately my 2016 was built before Apple CarPlay came available (on or after 1 December 2015), so I can't speak to that. However, in my former C250, the volume level remained constant between the radio and Bluetooth from my iPhone. In the GLA250, the Bluetooth volume is much lower than radio source, even with the iPhone source maxed out as well as Bluetooth boost (I think that's what it's called) turned on in the audio system. It's a huge volume shock when you switch back from Bluetooth to radio, unless you turn down the volume first. Dealer assured me that's normal, I disagreed, but when they went to show me on their showroom GLA...that GLA's battery was dead. I simply gave up. Please keep us posted.

2016 GLA250 FWD
Cirrus White, Brown Leather Upholstery, Burl Walnut Trim
Interior, Premium, Driver Assistance, Sport Packages
Rearview Camera, Power Passenger Seat With Memory
Bi-Xenon Headlights, LED Taillights
post #3 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I would like to know what logic 7 ON and OFF button do?
any system that dont have mid range knob will sound bad.
i have jbl sys in Prius and its much better sound and could adjust mid range on JBL.
c

2015 GLA 45 DESIGNO MOUNTAIN GREY MATTE, 19"OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL, AMS AIR INTAKE

Last edited by turbolink; 06-02-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: language
post #4 of 15 Old 06-02-2016, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Giovanni,

I've got a 2016 45, with the HK system, and agree that for me it sounds terrible! I also was surprised there is no tone adjustment at all when using Carplay. It also seems that the system keeps independent settings for radio/disk/bluetooth, so even if you set it up there it doesn't carry over to carplay mode.

For me I agree it sounds like it doesn't have a subwoofer at all. The inability to change tracks via the steering wheel is also really annoying, especially if you are using maps for navigation, then have to exit out, enter into now playing, skip the track, then revert back to maps!
post #5 of 15 Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroy jenkins View Post
Hi Giovanni,

I've got a 2016 45, with the HK system, and agree that for me it sounds terrible! I also was surprised there is no tone adjustment at all when using Carplay. It also seems that the system keeps independent settings for radio/disk/bluetooth, so even if you set it up there it doesn't carry over to carplay mode.

For me I agree it sounds like it doesn't have a subwoofer at all. The inability to change tracks via the steering wheel is also really annoying, especially if you are using maps for navigation, then have to exit out, enter into now playing, skip the track, then revert back to maps!
if you extend your right hand and find/feel the volume knob there are two giant buttons to the right and left of the volume, these will change track for you without going through the menu.

The audio system is a hit or miss depending on your type of music... i really wished there was a built in equalizer like in my BMW Har/Kar system
post #6 of 15 Old 06-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Everyone is different but I'm satisfied with the HK system in my 15 GLA45. The car is generally noisier and the exhaust is loud, especially in S mode. I play mostly my music from a USB stick. Maybe it's the music source? Any music system can't improve a bad source.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-11-2016, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Got my GLA45 last week, and while my FM and satellite radio sounded great, music bluetoothed from my phone (music player, Spotify, Pandora, etc.) was initially horrendous (I have an Android Samsung S7 Edge). I think the sound settings were optimized for either the phone's built-in speakers and/or headphones, so I went into the sound settings in my phone, made some adjustments, and now everything sounds great through the car speakers.
WhiteRabbit likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-23-2016, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
If you have the HK, put this in the trunk also, set Logic7 on and set all Eq flat, sub volume @2/3 t o 3/4, crossover @80Hz. A very powerfull and depthy sound and IMHO better than previous B&O or Dynaudio systems I've had, they all needed this sub too!

Rather simple to wire up too, and "yes" it is running off the cigarette lighter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sub install 18Sep16.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	13609  

Last edited by Mercedes.AMG; 10-23-2016 at 06:23 AM.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-23-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We have a 2015 GLA with the loaded HK sound etc. Not an audiophile at all. We generally use the Sirius HD (until the subscription will run out) and the 10GB Music Register where I now have 770 tracks from 55 CDs using 40% of the drive so far. Went to our library and chose lots of CDs. Will continue loading until full perhaps. Then when Sirius ends we are all set.

But... I thought it was me. For what I read about the upgraded sound et al - really felt as if it would be MB concert sound live-like. Don't get me wrong, it's fine - but not the "Oh Wow! Blow me away" sound. The sound system settings also seem quite basic. Other cars we had such as Lexus seemed to have more separation and a premium sounding output. I know some other premium brands market their systems as being developed for specific auto internal acoustics etc. Not sure if MB took that effort in the GLA, esp speaker placements/balance.

Again, NOT displeased, but expected a higher level for the extra seat-in-the-pants concert feel.

https://youtu.be/-uv1PxInJnY

Dean in The Villages, Florida, USA (50 miles north of Orlando)
2015 GLA FWD
Cirrus white, brown leather
Satin brown poplar
Blind Spot assist
Bi-Xenon headlamps
Illuminated Star
Premium pkg
Interior pkg
Multimedia pkg
post #10 of 15 Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caug View Post
I would like to know what logic 7 ON and OFF button do?
any system that dont have mid range knob will sound bad.
i have jbl sys in Prius and its much better sound and could adjust mid range on JBL.
c
Logic 7 is surround sound. You really need media that is recorded in true surround sound to hear the real effect. But, if you turn it on and off while listening to music, you can hear a slight difference in the sound.

You should have a mid-range adjustment on the HK system, my 2016 does.

Paul...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 GLA250, Night Black/Ash
Premium Package, Aluminum Trim
Panoramic Sunroof, Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist, 19" Wheels
Garmin Map Pilot GPS Ver. 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page